We ate Palm Sunday lunch yesterday, and I thought nobody would want dinner (lunch was HEARTY!), and we would all fend (which basically means, bowl of cereal, pb & j, everyone eats whatever they feel like). But Vini and Joey were hungry. So Vini went to Popeye’s. I ate some popcorn shrimp.
So, what about the rest of the week? Well, I’m not sure whether or not you’ve seen my pattern, but in case you haven’t, here it is:
- Sunday – Syrian food (which I’d eat almost every day, had I married a Syrian rather than Italian man).
- Monday – meat or fish for the family, grain-based side dish and veggies (my main course), for example, polenta, brown rice, barley, quinoa.
- Tuesday – bean-based main course (sometimes with a meat version for the family).
- Wednesday – pasta.
- Thursday – meat main course for the family and grains and veggies for me (and them).
- Friday – soup.
- Saturday – Asian food: Chinese, Thai or Japanese.
- Monday – lubee wa riz
- Tuesday – black bean and rice burritos (with turkey for everyone else)
- Wednesday – pasta with puttanesca sauce
- Thursday – tandoori chicken for the family, with dal and curried cauliflower
- Friday – addis soup (lentil soup) – this will be at the church for Joey and I, we will stay following Lamentations. I’ll post the Holy Week schedule tomorrow.
- Saturday – whatever I can get my hands on. I’ll probably make a sandwich for Vini. The kids will probably fend. I tend not to eat much on this day. I’m cooking and baking for the Pascha potluck, following the liturgy, and the party I’ll have here on Sunday.