So now I’m playing catch up! I want to say at this point that last Friday, Saturday and Sunday’s menus were moot. Because . . . Friday was Annunciation and thus a feast day and so fish was permitted for the evening meal. So my loving husband, Vini, took me out for sushi. And, also, I spent the rest of the weekend in Breitenbush! Yay! Breitenbush! For those of you who are unfamiliar with that magical place, it is a beautiful, wooded area near the town of Detroit (Oregon, not the city of Detroit, Michigan). There are cozy little cabins, a main lodge with a cozy little library. Hot tubs filled by natural hot springs!!!!! Delicious vegetarian/vegan food and lots of beautiful hiking trails. And yoga! and yurts! and drumming circles! and deer! Anyway, I went with my wonderful friend, Lisa, and we had time to ourselves to talk about this and that (and everything else). And we soaked and we read our books and ate yummy food and hiked and yoga-ed and it was just awesome. But more on that later, in the meantime, here’s the intended menufrom last week plus changes:
- Sunday – lubee with riz was planned, but I was still at Breitenbush
- Monday – shrimp scampi (remember I can eat shrimp!) with cabbage and brown rice
- Tuesday – pulled pork with island red beans
- Wednesday – pasta with clam sauce was planned, but I ended up taking the dishwasher apart and so I sent Joey up to Aladdin, my friend, Dyanna’s restaurant. Everyone had chicken shawarma sandwiches, I had falafel. Mmmmm. Yum.
- Thursday – I planned chicken with dal and rice, but I had some pork and island bean leftovers, plus some rice, so I made burritos
- Friday – black bean soup
- Saturday – I planned kung pao tofu, but felt very lazy (well, actually, I started the day by taking Maddy to her soccer game at 8:30 a.m., then working in the yard all day, so I wasn’t exactly lazy). So, I went to Tuk Tuk for takeout and had salad rolls, spring rolls and pad thai with tofu, minus the eggs. Also, I made those giant vegan chocolate chip cookies, recipe to follow.
You see how things change. Life is unpredictable, so you gotta roll with it!