Here are some of the things that happened to me since yesterday. Some of them are not so great, but most of them are awesome.
1. My friend brought over some address tiles she made for me.
2. I put my new cabinet in place.
My friend Lesley’s husband made this for me. He is a very talented contractor. I had a plastic bin from K-Mart here for a long time. The wood is beautiful and he made the bottom cabinet large enough to hold all my pans. Even my big pizza pan! Thanks Mikey!
3. I had a delicious breakfast.
4. My girlfriend brought me some vegan desserts.
5. The sun came out today.
It took me three times to get these pictures. The first time, the clouds covered the sun before I could snap the picture. The second time the sun came out, I didn’t even get out of my chair fast enough. Third times a charm.
6. My seedlings are coming up.
7. My sourdough is so active it bubbled over last night and my bread came out terrific.
Those are all the awesome things. Here are two things I didn’t like:
I HATE PAPERWORK. I did the stuff on the desk (mostly). I still have to deal with all the stuff in the drawer (and on the floor). Which brings us to why the papers are on the floor. I was looking for the receipt from the guy who fixed our dishwasher. And so we come to the second not great thing that happened to me today:
2. Our washer is broken. Irretrievably broken. Blah! (no picture – everyone knows what a washing machine looks like).
So mostly I feel grateful, and I gave you the list to try to explain why I’m not particularly upset about the washer. Now don’t get me wrong. It’s $500-$800 that we don’t actually have. But still. Look at all the great things that happened to me since yesterday.
“Thank you Lord, for all the beautiful parts of my day.”